Robert’s early work was in the field of fuel sales and distribution in the United Kingdom and then with Ampol in regional South West WA. He then joined Brambles in 1982 and worked in various divisions gaining vast exposure to all forms of transport and logistics functions.
During this period Robert developed advanced skill in capital costing models, cost benefit analysis, total business analysis and value reporting.
Robert joined Centurion in 1999 when Centurion acquired part of the Brambles business.
Robert’s skills allowed Centurion to develop and work with costing and analysis models unavailable in the marketplace and developed to suit some of the most advanced and intricate transport scenarios in the world.
Specialties: Advanced computing and business modelling skills [Excel, VBA and Visual Basic], Financial Management and Certificate in Management Practices.
Robert has a keen interest in mapping, map related calculations, systems improvements, automation and the “Internet of Things”. A keen advocate of “enter, or get, data once, use many times”.
In his spare time he cycles to stay fit, was an active member of Life Cycle for CanTeen (a registered charity group who are the biggest contributor to CanTeen in WA) for over 17 years, enjoys a wide range of music and seeks new challenges – he developed a system to calculate scores for the Outback Air Race (raising funds for Royal Flying Doctor Service) using GPS data.
- Computer and internet Technology: Spreadsheets – Excel and Visual Basic for Applications,
- Mapping (XML, SVG, KML).
- Excited by the Internet Of Things. Keen to have more fun with Raspberry Pi and Arduino!!
- RFID, Automated Data Capture etc.
- Cycling (road and to a lesser extent mountain bike).
- I subscribe to Audible and thoroughly enjoy listening to Audio Books when driving (mainly business, technology, management and the occasional auto biography).
- Also enjoy listening to and reading the Economist – the world is a fascinating place.
- Music – getting exposed to a huge variety of new music on Spotify and loving it.
No Comments Yet